Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Back to Bento

Maple Wine Smoked Salmon Bento

Wow, it seems like forever since I packed Saba Man's bento lunch boxes. His first day back to work today so I provided lot's of healthy Omega 3. Salmon and mackerel are accompanying him to the office so if any of his co-workers are reading this; you've had fair warning. Actually, his hours are a little off of "normal" so there's usually no one there to complain about any food smells. He can he eat in solitude... it's his quiet time.

Along with fish, the bento boxes contain brown rice for extra energy. I know, I know... previous posts have said that we are cutting back on carbs; however the open bags of rice won't keep much longer and I don't want to waste. "That's my story and I'm sticking to it".

Broiled Saba Bento Box