Saturday, September 19, 2009

Breakfast Bento Box

So I'm still preparing for my trip. Any ideas on where I'm going? Don't forget to submit your guess and bento photo. You could win new bento boxes and cool bento stuff.

As mentioned in previous posts I pack bento boxes for both Saba Man and myself, typically 3 or four of them per day. One of those boxes is usually my breakfast and since I'm currently packing suitcases and not bento boxes, I went to the bento box vault and pulled out a photo that typifies what I eat to start off my day. I love this cute little box, it's the perfect, child size, lunch bento box and when I spied it at Daiso I had to add it to my bento box collection. Someday I'll post a photo of the very overflowing cupboard of bento items. Anyhow, my usual breakfast consists of steelcut oatmeal, yogurt with honey and some fruit. On this particular morning the fruit available were bananas, blueberries, mango and dried cranberries. Oh and a couple leftover maraschino cherries for color. (not leftover from cocktails, but from baking, just sayin')
This box is an example of the bento that should be kept cold because of the yogurt so I do pack a little ice pack in the bag with it. If you don't want to go to that trouble try filling your breakfast bento box with
dried fruit, granola, toasted bread or muffins. Delish! Start you day off right with a healthy bento box alternative.
As for your guess...poke around past posts as there are some major hints to my destination. Have fun and good luck!