Thursday, October 8, 2009

Leftovers Bento Box or Nishime Part 2


I've been fiddling around with my camera since I finally read the instructions last week. Argghh...to my dismay it appears that the bento box pics looked a lot better before I pushed a button here, toggled to another setting there. Voila, I totally messed it up. "If it's not broken, don't fix it" never rang truer than in this situation.


Anyways... back to bento boxes. This box is filled with leftover nishime from a couple days ago. There was plenty of broth in the original batch and so I stretched out the servings by tossing in a few extra items like the pink and white kamaboko. Again, there were many leftover slices from yesterday's sammich bento so I combined. Mixing and matching. Saba Man has requested more protein in his lunches so I obliged with tamagoyaki. I think going forward, his fruit will be carried in a separate sidecar or we'll do it "old school" with a whole apple or banana tucked inside his lunch bag.
Or, I could use a larger bento box for him. Can you imagine me packing his lunch in the baseball game bento box!