Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Not a Bloody Halloween Bento Box


We had torrential downpour this morning and the rest of the day remained chilly with this season's first real soaking. The Pacific Northwest easily releases summer without ever looking back. So along with the gray sky and wind, autumn brings comfort food. Too bad I didn't have time to cook any... so we are settling on pizza! A vegan pizza, as sumptuous and comforting as a vegan pizza can get. Whole wheat crust with pesto, olive, pepper, mushrooms and artichoke hearts. I can't eat enough of it and I struggle to tuck some away for tomorrow's bento snack. Corn pudding, strawberry and an "acorn" fit's in there too. Now, about the carrot pick... I actually stabbed myself in the finger with this horrible instrument of death, disguised as a cute bento pick, as I tried to poke through the last carrot. It drew blood, REAL BLOOD! Ouch. Talk about a Halloween trick! Don't worry, no trip to the ER was necessary. It will be a struggle, but I think I'll survive another day to pack more bento boxes. And before you ask... yes, I did switch out picks, because otherwise would be kind of gross, even if it is a Halloween bento box.